CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

As I watched todays Presidential Inauguration I realized that I have spent 18 of my 25 years with a Bush in office. When I was born George H.W. Bush was Vice-President with Ronald Reagan in office. Then for 4 years he was President. Finally the past eight years I have seen another Bush in office. That's something to think about to me as I watched George W. go out of office, literally all I have known in my life is a government with a Bush!!
It was so odd watching the events today. Literally one minute George W. Bush was President and then the next it Barack Obama. I can't imagine what it felt like to be Laura and George Bush leaving the home for the past eight years and not coming back. I felt a little bit of excitement and sorrow in my stomach. I have always been a George Bush fan! I can remember going to Ranger games when I was younger and seeing him sit behind the dugout and at the time thinking how cool I thought it was that the President at the time had a son who owned my local baseball team! Then Bush became Governor of Texas and later President and I thought "Wow I used to see him at baseball games!!". I watched at I was a senior in high school as he stood strong for our country as the towers were attacked and I have watched as he has had to take ridicule for a war that has gone longer than expected and for an economy that has flat lined. I think about how tonight for the first time in eight years he will probably sleep well because the weight of the free world has been lifted off his shoulders and past on to someone else.

No comments: