CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Great Weekend










So my birthday weekend is coming to an end and I do have to say that if this weekend is a preview of my year, it's going to be great!!! All of my worring about 25 was put to rest because it was great!!

It started late Thurday night. I managed to get John and I tickets to the Texas - OU game. It was totally unplanned, but I kind of decided I really wanted to go and thought it would be a good anniversary present for John ( Five years in Nov). Then when I got home I got to go ahead and open my presents from my parents and they surprised me with a Nintendo Wii. This was totally unexpected, I hadn't even really mentioned to them that I wanted one.

Friday morning I didn't get to do my normal sleeping in because John and I had to go to Dallas to pick up the tickets. So after we picked up the tickets we went to Kohls so that I could use my gift card from my Grandmother. I got a couple of cute new things to wear. Then John and I were off to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch where I totally overstuffed myself!!

Friday night Mom, Sandi, Christina, Jennifer, the boys and I all had tickets to see the So You Think You Can Dance Tour!! It was amazing. Not quite as good as last year, but still pretty amazing.

Saturday was an extremely long day. I was up at 6:15 because John and I wanted to get out the the Fair early. This was hard for me to get up because I hadn't gone to bed until about 2 and the dog woke me up about 3 times to take him out, but I managed. The game was probably the best I had ever experienced!! I have never gotten so into a football game!! I yelled so loud I got light headed and managed to stand for almost the whole 3 hours of the game even though my feet were killing me!! Texas beat OU which made John and I extremely happy, it was a great experience and I highly recomend everyone into partaking in the game at least once in their lifetime!!
































Saturday night John and I varely made home in time to take a quick shower before we were off to Magic Time Machine to celebrate birthday. Our waiter was awesome, we had Captain Jack Sparrow. The kids loved him, he was so good with them letting them play with his guns and swords! I probably would have enjoyed it more had I not been so tired and sunburned. By this time I had been up for 14 hours, which for most people isn't a big deal, but if you know me at all I usually take a nap or 2 during the day. I don't know where all my energy has gone, but I do love my naps!!













Sunday I slept in some. I had to finish up some things for Shana's baby shower. The shower was fun, well except for playing shower games. I'm just not a big fan of shower games, but I know it's part of the ritual so I try my best and hope I walk away with a prize!! I got a little bit depressed though because I realized that I was one of the few girls at the shower who was not married or engaged. I've kind of gotten to where I lay off the subject with John. I figure he'll finally do it when he's ready, but it is hard to wait. I want to be a bride!!!
So here I now once again in bed and the dog is once again passed out beside me!! I to am about to go to sleepytown, I have the day off tomorrow and plan on sleeping in!! It will be great!! Goodnight everyone!!


-Candi-

No comments: