CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

I love what I do!!

So you probably would expect this blog to be about the upcoming wedding, but it's not. I decided to not talk wedding and talk work instead!

I have realized that I love what I do!! This is both jobs I have!! How many people can say they truly love their job? Yes I do complain, but it's not because I dislike it. I'm human like everyone else and need a break at times and hate getting up in the morning , but most of the time I love it!!

Job #1 consist of taking care of my Hunters. I love that I'm not tied down behind a desk all day and that I get to play all summer. Yes there are days that the girls are challenging, but what do I expect they are 4, 13 and 15. Aren't you all jealous of those ages....but most of the time we have fun.

Job #2 consist of teaching my wonderful dancers. There are days there too that I complain. Competition and recital times become stressful. If I got paid for every extra hour I spend doing stuff for these times I wouldn't need job #1. But I was taught along time ago, you teach dance because you love it not because you want to be rich. There are also days I want to kill children and parents, sometimes I swear some just like to hear them complain. But when my kids get up on stage I find myself more nervous watching them then I ever felt when I danced and competed. I also love the fact that so many of my friend I grew up with are now bringing their kids to take dance from me. These are the ones I think I enjoy the most sometimes. I feel special that I get to teach them, that these people feel comfortable enough to trust me with their kids!! I also love the bond I have with my competition kids. I see these kids more during the week, so you begin to feel like family. In fact their families gradually become my family and vice versa.

I feel so blessed to have both of these jobs!!

I know I said I wouldn't mention it, but wedding in 12 days!! I'm having anxiety attacks over moving!! Pray I can make it through the next couple of days!!

No comments: