Monday, November 3, 2008

Goodbye October, Hello November

Well goodbye to a very busy month and hello to the next two busy months!! October is always such a busy month for me, but it seemed like this was more busy than usual. I used to think that after I graduated high school that October would slow down some, but here I am 6 years later and it's busier than ever!
My birthday was the 2nd weekend of the month and it was amazing!! The Hunter's surprised me with tickets to America's Best Dance Crew and John and I went to see that on the 22nd. It was really good. It was five of the Crews from season 1 &2 of the show and they did several of their dances from the show. But the best part was when all five Crews did a salute to Janet and Michael Jackson!! They did songs like Rhythm Nation, Beat It, Black Cat etc.. It all led up to the Jabbawockeez doing their dance from season 1 to Pyt!! It was my favorite part of the whole show!!
The next couple of days became a blur, it was the busiest part of the month!! It started out Thursday the 23rd. I ended up having to get a new phone that day. My Blackberry that I had exactly a month on that day decided it no longer was going to hold a charge.Luckily it happened on that day so they replaced it for free. But I hadn't saved the majority of my phone numbers to my Sim card so I lost most peoples number. So if your reading this I probably have lost your number so feel free to text it to me, call or e-mail me. That night Mom and I decided we were going to go to Movie Tavern for the midnight premier of High School Musical 3. I know it sounds lame, but I was so totally pumped to see this movie!! Sydney got to come along too with her friend Taylor even though it was a school night. Her mom decided it was a kind of special thing because Syd had got her braces off that day. Well we get there and we order our food and stuff, needless to say I managed to completely blow my Weight Watchers that night and had really great pizza!! They start to show the movie and the screen goes black. It ends up they couldn't get either the disc or the digital player to work. So we got our food comped and free tickets to come back and see either that movie or another one. I was completely bummed!! I thought I was going to cry.Oh well, me and all three girls managed to go see it later in the week.
I woke up Friday morning when John walked in around 9 and told me that our friends Shana and Matt were having their baby that day. We had all expected for Shana to have to be induced on Nov. 3, but Baby Kyndall had other plans. It was funny because Shana had sent me a message that morning at like 5:45 telling me they would see me Saturday at my party. Shana was one of those people that during her pregnancy got up every morning walked 2 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights, that's why she only gained 17 pounds and already looks good a week after the baby came!! We had laughed a couple of days earlier that she could come and jump in the bounce house and maybe it would induce labor. Well at 6 that morning her water broke, so no bounce house for her. John and I had planned on going up to the hospital together that afternoon, but John ended up coming down with the stomach flu so I went up there around 3 and there was still no baby. so off I was to teach until 7:30. After dance I went back up to the hospital and by this time Kyndall had a nice little party awaiting her debut. Finally at about 10:45 that night Kyndall made her debut weigh 7 lbs. 8.9 oz! She is truly a beautiful baby and we are all so glad she is here.
The next day I had to go teach like normal, but then I had to add in a performance at the boy's elementary school and a quick run by the hospital so I could finally hold that baby!! That night was my party. The temperature was a little cool, but everyone managed to have a good time. My cake was adorable, our friend Rose made it. It was hot pink with zebra fondant stripes! I loved it, it was exactly what I wanted!! Finally around 12:30 the last guest had left and we got everything cleaned up. When I drove up to my house I was surprised to find out that 5 of my dance kids had left my party and rolled my house!! The next morning someone did come back and clean it up though, not that I really cared if I had to. Lord knows I rolled enough houses back in my day!

The next day I had to get up and go to Nash's birthday party. Let me tell you 2 days of going all day until 12:30 really does a number on you. But I managed to drag myself out of bed and go to Nash's party in Southlake and horseback riding place. Needless to say I had not been on a horse in probably 10 years. But it all went okay, except the next day I was a little bit sore.
We ended the month with Halloween and began November with a dance workshop. So here I am ending one of the busiest months and going into the busiest season. Maybe in January I'll get to take a break!!

No comments: