Friday, September 23, 2011

Maddyn is here!!

My sweet girl is finally here!! Maddyn Elise was born September 15 via C-section at 11:45 AM weighing 7lbs. 2oz and was 20 inches long!! She is perfect!!

John and I decided to go ahead and be induced at out doctors appointment on the 14th because #1 I was pretty miserable and #2 I hadn't dilated nor had Maddy dropped any. We were both thinking we weren't going to be able to get in until after the weekend, but my doctor told us we could start the induction process that night.

We checked into the hospital at 10 o'clock Wednesday night and by 11 they had started me on Cervadil. By 4:30 in the morning I was feeling contractions when Dr. Staud got to the hospital at 7:30 that morning I had dilated to a 2 so there was no need to start pitocin. The dr. then broke my water and went off to do c-section. What I didn't know was that before she came into check me Maddy's heart rate kept dropping, they put me on my side and gave me oxygen and that helped bring it back up.

Around 9:00AM the anesthesiologist came in and did the epidural. I had been stressing out over this because everyone had told me this would be painful. Well I must have had one really good anesthesiologist because I felt one little poke and that was it. Honestly the IV hurt more than the epidural!!

Not long after that I noticed that one of the nurses was watching the heart monitor non-stop. This is when it started to get scary....All of a sudden they put the oxygen back on me and rolled me from one side to the other. At one point there were 4 nurses in my room. Maddyn's heart rate wouldn't stabilize even after they gave me something to help stabilize it.So they called my doctor and she came and told me we would do a c-section in the next 20 minutes. I was fine with this, actually I had always thought I would probably have to have one and I had told my doctor I was totally fine with it, whatever was best for me and the baby.

John did great through the whole thing. He stayed completely calm. He sat by my side the whole time in the operating room and told me everything was going to be fine and that I was doing great. I couldn't believe how calm he was, even before hand when we were trying to have a normal delivery. I really had thought he was going to be a nervous wreck and drive me nuts!!

I was in recovery for about 2 hours, but in the mean time Miss Maddyn had quite a crowd waiting on her arrival. There were 18 people in the waiting room and I can't even count how many people came to visit us over the weekend. John and I felt so blessed that so many people were excited to meet our baby!!

No comments: