CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Engaged!!!

So the title says it all!! After 5 years of dating John finally proposed to me!! I couldn't have asked for a more special proposal. To some it may seem a little odd, but almost all significant events in my life have taken place at the dance studio.

It started Friday night. Friday is our big dance company day. Almost all of our competition kids have to dance on Friday nights. I had just started teaching my 7 year old competition kids, when Ms. Sandi came to get me out of class. She told me it was one of the teen kids birthday and we had to sing to her because she had to leave early. I didn't think anything about it because we always sing to the kids on their birthdays. When I walked the hall I started to get a little suspicious though because Debbie was guarding one set of doors to the storage hall and when I walked into the classroom my best friends dad had the video camera and all the moms had their cameras. All the kids finished singing the back storage doors started to open and in walked John with a rose and he got down on one knee. I can't tell you what he said, but that didn't seem important at the time!! Everyone in the room started clapping and screaming. The kids were so excited!! I was so happy that they got to witness this special moment with me because they are such an important part of my life!!

Now all the planning begins. We are thinking about getting married sometime next summer. I'm not picky about the date, whatever falls into place!! There are so many things to do. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Finally I something to actually post on this thing other than the mundane happenings of my everyday life!!

No comments: